The Philippine Sociological Society
The Philippine Sociological Society’s primary mission is to represent, promote, and advance the intellectual and sociological interests of its members.
It is a non-stock, non-profit professional association registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. As an inclusive social science organization, its members come from a range of disciplines whose professional careers have a fundamental connection to Sociology.
In pursuit of its mission, the PSS aims to:
- Promote sociology as a social science discipline in the Philippines
- Facilitate and improve sociological teaching
- Develop and nurture sociological research
- Cultivate the contributions of sociology to society
- Publish the Philippine Sociological Review and other materials
- Organize forums and conferences
- Seek, encourage, and maintain links with sociologists around the worl
- Enhance the professional development of PSS members
Download the membership form here.
PSS is a regular collective member of the National Sociological Associations of the International Sociological Association (ISA).